Thursday, May 17, 2007

Another Book Tag

Book Tag – Indian Authors
Have you read these books by authors of Indian origin? The ones in bold font are the ones I have read and the ones in italics are the ones I am longing to read....

1. The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri (great read!not seen the movie though!)
2. The God of Small Things – Arundhati Roy (amazing book!Estha and Rahel continue to haunt me....)
3. An Equal Music – Vikram Seth (I liked it)
4. The Vine of Desire – Chitra Divakaruni (I enjoyed reading it)
5. Mulligatawny Soup – Manorama Mathai (humourous one!)
6. The Burden of Foreknowledge – Jawahara Saidulla (I'm just waiting to buy it!)
7. By the River Pampa I stood – Geeta Abraham Jose ( guess who wrote it!)
8. My Story – Kamala Das (Good one)
9. The Raj – Gita Mehta
10. Circumferences – Suma Josson (it transported me to my childhood, good book)
11. Mediocre but Arrogant – Abhijit Bhaduri
12. The Enigma of Arrival – V.S.Naipaul (for serious readers only!)
13. The Better Man – Anita Nair
14. Fault lines – Meena Alexander
15. The Inheritance of Loss – Kiran Desai (wonderful book!)
16. Fasting, Feasting – Anita Desai
17. Bookless in Baghdad – Shashi Tharoor
18. Train to Pakistan – Khushwant Singh
19. Difficult Daughters- Manju Kapur
20. Desirable Daughters- Bharati Mukherjee
21. A Fine Balance – Rohinton Mistry
22. The Feast of Roses – Indu Sundaresan
23. Malgudi Days – R.K.Narayan (read it a long time ago!)
24. Five Point Someone – Chetan Bhagat ( a cool one for teenagers)
25. Anything for You, Ma'am – Tushar Raheja (super cool one for teenagers)
26. The Moor's Last Sigh – Salman Rushdie

Hillgrandmom, Twinkletoes, Nav , John and Jawahara - You are TAGGED!!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Geets,

Nice! I will definitely take the tag, so watch out on my blog.

How's it going. Am better now.

:)

J

hope and love said...

i cant belive this..! that u commented in my blog..!!
actually i had read about your book.. and that you said that you used to unwind everyday evening after your work writing down what was close to your heart, in a newspaper..
it somehow stuck a cord in me..
iv wanted to write a book for some time but i am not getting the quiet time i need for it..
i was just reading your comment and seeing a new profile i clicked on it..
while i was waiting i thouhgt abt my book and somehow remembered your words about writing in the evenings..
on reading your profile i noted some similarities in our tastes. but what struck me was that i remembered your words i read somewhere few months back while i was waiting for your profile to appear..!!
strange..!! funny..! incredible..!!
hugs..!!
:))
and thanks for visiting my blog..

jac said...

You forgot the 'Geetanjali Express'

Thanks for the visit.

hillgrandmom said...

promise to do the tag soon!

Nav said...

Geets,

The honour is mine, was very glad you responded so quickly. I will surely get to the tag as soon as I get a chance. Happy to see you liked my review and share the same interest, did notice some of the books you mentioned as your favorites are mine too as To kill a mocking bird, Angela's ashes(currently reading) About publishing books :)) no, I am a very novice writer, still trying to get out a few short stories. Yeah that short stories blog is a private one, I have not opened it to public, might do when I have something concrete to share..I am stll in the look out for your book, will let you when I buy it and where I have bought it from. Thanks for adding my blog on urs. I have added you too.. BTW are there any UK specific online stores that sell your book, I couldn't find any !

Cheers,
Nav

Geets said...

John, Hillgran and Nav: Thanks for doing the tag!!!!
Twinkletoes :still enjoying your vacation????

Geets said...

hope n love : Thanks for stopping by to comment...thanks for the nice things you've mentioned....keep in touch

Jac : Yeah, Geetanjali Express!lol

Unknown said...

I'm done with my tag :-)

Geets said...

Jawahara, Thanks for doing the tag. Your comments on the books will serve as a guide during my next visit to the bookshop....I'm going to India next month and I'm making a list of books I need to buy (yours is the first on the list, of course!)

Unknown said...

Geets - I read your blog some times - came to it through Hillgrandmom - just thought I'd tell you I bought your book and like what I have read so far . You have a very easy style of writing .

Geets said...

Eve's Lungs,
Thanks for the comment about my book. I look forward to hearing from you after you've read it.
Happy Reading!!!!!
Geeta

VIDYA said...

Geetachechechyyyy.......iam back frm kerala....... :-) :-) going to do the tag right away. iam happy high coZ i read some of these jus few days back while travelling :-) hope u r doing gud.
hi 2 mahi .

much love,
Twinkletoes.

Geets said...

Welcome back, twinkletoes. Hope you had a gr8 holiday...waiting to hear of your exploits and explorations. Missed you on blogosphere.